No, I am not about to share the glory of my muffin tops with you.
Although, there may be a future female empowerment post, where I get all my gals to post pics of their jiggle.
No wait! Don’t leave, I’m joking!
I love cake and muffins and all sorts of sweet deliciousness.
This recipe gives me all the sugah, but is secretly a bit ‘wholesome’ and a fabulous way to get some extra veggies into those fussy kids!
It’s another Annabel Karmel recipe and I love that they are really quick and easy to make.
Zucchini and raisin muffins
110g white self-raising flour
125g soft brown sugar
1tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
110g wholemeal self-raising flour
85g melted butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
125g grated zucchini (I peel the zucchini so the boys can’t see the skin and catch on that there are vegetables inside, but you can leave the peel on.)
1tsp soft brown sugar
1. Sieve together the white flour, sugar, mixed spice, baking powder and salt.
2. Sift in the wholemeal flour, saving the bran bits in the sieve.
3. Mix together the milk, melted butter and egg.
4. Add the liquid to the flour mixture and stir in the raisins and zucchini.
5. Line muffin tray with 12 paper cases.
6. Fill each one with muffin mix until they are 2/3rds full.
7. MIx together reserved bran with brown sugar and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
8. Place in oven pre-heated to 170C/325F/Gas3.
9. Bake for 25 minutes.
Did you try? Did you like them?